Most social media platforms have a Bio (Biography) attached to each account.
When using it for business it’s important to complete each one fully. Why?
To get the most out of your Bio:
- Research and use appropriate #hashtags.
- Be clear on what your products or services are.
- State your location; this is important for local traffic.
- Add links to your Website and/or other social media platforms – tell your customers where else they can find out more information.
- Use your header image to visually grab attention; add text to your graphic (although keep this limited), to highlight the key benefits of your company.
- Create an avatar that is a clear icon, one that has impact when viewed as a small image and is directly associated with your company.
- Each platform should be underpinned with a common look and feel.
- Where possible use the same account @name, so it’s recognisable.
Facebook About section
- Utilise the long and short descriptions to provide potential customers with greater information.
- Include location and opening hours, they are important for your local trade.
- Add alternative contacts including telephone and email.
- List all Products and Services provided.